Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area
Before You Begin – Important Information Regarding the Screening Process
Please read the information below to see if you may be qualified to participate in our stool donor program.
To help you in deciding if the donor program is right for you, please review the items below – this represents a portion of what is included in the screening process, and you will be required to answer these types of questions before you will be considered for the program.
Do not enroll as a donor if you:
- Have a BMI equal to or over 35 (Calculate your BMI here)
- Are under 18 years of age
- Are 55 years of age or older
- Are not yet vaccinated for COVID-19
- Have taken antibiotics in the past 90 days (Please wait and enroll after the 90 days are past)
- Have history of chronic diarrhea, or a history of alternating from constipation to diarrhea
- Have used clotting factor concentrates
- Have used needles to take drugs, steroids, or anything else not prescribed
- Have any relatives who have had Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- Have traveled for or received medical treatment outside of the United States
- Work in healthcare (interact with patients)
- Work in a long-term care facility (nursing home, skilled nursing facilities, or assisted living)
- Have received money, drugs, or other payment for sex
- (if male) Have had sexual contact with another male, even once
Have ever been diagnosed with:
- Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C
- Any inflammatory or autoimmune disease, such as:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
In the past 12 months have:
- Had a transplant such as organ, tissue, or bone marrow
- Had sexual contact with anyone who has HIV/AIDS or has had a positive test for HIV/AIDS virus
- Had sexual contact with a prostitute or anyone who takes money, drugs, or other payments for sex
- Had sexual contact with anyone who has used needles to take drugs, steroids, or anything else not prescribed by their doctor
- Had sexual contact with anyone who has hemophilia or has used clotting factor concentrates
- (if female) Had sexual contact with a male who has ever had sexual contact with another male
- Been treated for syphilis, gonorrhea or Chlamydia
- Been in juvenile detention, lockup, jail, or prison for more than 72 hours
Any medications you take will be screened for eligibility.
- We will ask about any medications you are taking, or that you take regularly. Our rigorous enrollment process includes screening out medications that may not be completely absorbed by your system. Because of the nature of our product, there are many medications that are unacceptable because we must not deliver residual drug from a donor to a patient.
- Additionally, many medications are an indication of an underlying health condition. We are only able to accept healthy donors, and the criteria we must use to define healthy are stringent.
Ready to Get Started?
Please fill out the form with your contact information and press “Send” to be contacted by one of our donor management staff members. We will answer any questions that you have and can schedule an appointment to get you started on the next stages of the screening process.
There will be additional exclusionary questions further along in the screening process.