Interested in Becoming a Stool Donor?
Seeking Qualified Donors in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area
Rebiotix Inc., a Ferring Company, is the first company to take on the challenge of rigorously investigating a microbiota-based drug under the guidance of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for recurrent C. diff., and it all begins with stool donors.
We aim to harness the power of the gut microbiome by collecting human stool, which contains the microbes we need to make our investigational drug therapy for our patients. Our MRT™ drug platform is delivering live, human-derived microbes into a sick patient’s intestinal tract to treat disease.
Donor Program Requirements
- Between 18 – 54 yrs. old
- Provide regular stool donations on-site at our Roseville Minnesota facility 3-10x weekly.
- Pass initial and ongoing health screening questions
- Participate in ongoing stool, COVID-19, and blood screening (paid for by Rebiotix)
- Donate a minimum of 3x weekly on an ongoing basis (see FAQ regarding maximum number of donations and program absences)
- Be able to donate at the Rebiotix facility in Roseville, MN
- Qualified donors may be compensated up to $30 per qualifying donation
- To qualify for payment, paperwork is completed fully at the time of donation, the donation meets a minimum weight requirement per quality criteria, and the donor attends the follow up blood and COVID-19 screening
How to Become a Donor
Thank you for expressing interest in becoming a part of our stool donor program! Our donor screening process is rigorous, and eligibility is determined by many screening criteria. These questions are required per the FDA under our pharmaceutical development program. We ask all prospective donors questions regarding:
- Health history
- Sexual history
- Medication use
- Other topics
To start the process, please click the button below and fill in your contact information. A member of our donor management team will contact you regarding your interest in the program and setup an appointment. We are also happy to answer any additional questions you may have about becoming a donor.
Hours and Location
Current donation hours
- M-Th: 6:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sat & Sun: 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Where is Rebiotix located?
2660 Patton Road, Roseville MN 55113
Map and Directions
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Our donors are regularly compensated to participate in our program. Costs for testing are covered by Rebiotix.
No. We try to make it as simple as possible for you to come in and provide your donation and be on your way. No appointments necessary.
No. Our donors must use the restrooms at our facility to donate. This ensures that a donation is traceable to a specific trained, screened, and qualified donor.
The material needed for stool screening is taken from a donor’s regular donations. Easy!
COVID-19 screening is required for participating, and is scheduled for donors approximately every 2 weeks. The donor must be able to visit the Rebiotix facility at the regularly scheduled COVID-19 test date. The test is a nasopharyngeal swab.
Blood screening is scheduled for donors approximately every 6 weeks. The donor must be able to visit the Rebiotix facility at the regularly scheduled blood screening date. A small amount of blood is drawn by a professional phlebotomist for screening purposes.
In addition to blood, stool, and COVID-19 screening, donors must answer initial health history questions and ongoing health questions to ensure they are eligible to donate.
Begin by reviewing our stool donor criteria and contacting us using the form on the link below.
How to Learn More About Rebiotix
Additionally, you can follow us on: